Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Romantic velvet purse with metal frame

You can see the tutorial for this purse here.

My very talented and beautiful cousin, Jennifer, is going to be married in September! (squeal! I LOVE weddings!)    Now, Jenn is a very skilled jewelry designer and is making all the jewelry for the bridal party, but she asked me to make her bridesmaids and flower girls some little handbags.  YES!!!  I have always wanted to do this!  What should I make?  What size? Shape? Fabric?  So many possibilities!  I have a board all set up for it on pinterest.  



After lots of looking, I have decided to use metal purse frames with the balls on top that you twist and untwist to open and close.  (They must have a special name, but I don't know it yet. . . ) Anyway, Jenn has chosen a light minty green paired with black and silver for her wedding colors.  (Squeal again!  Green is my absolute fave!!!!)   



It's an evening wedding so I am thinking I can go a little darker and sexier, but still keep it classic and tasteful.  So, I settled on a silver velvet.  What do you think?  Will it work?  Would you like a silver velvet purse with a metal frame?  Just in case you would like one for your very own, I made a great big easy-to-follow-tutorial that you can find right here! 
What I came up with is a bell-shaped purse with a flat bottom.  It is sleek and unfussy.  It is just crying out to be decorated and embellished with fabric flowers or vintage broaches.  The tutorial I created allows you to modify your purse to meet your specific aesthetic and space needs.  I do hope you'll try it and tell me how it turned out. 
Thank you so much for checking out Ricochet and Away!  I love to see the numbers of pageveiws increase throughout the day, and I truly appreciate those of you who take the time to make a comment and/or become a follower.  Thank you!
Happy crafting and hugs from Montana!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely classy, romantic, and gorgeous!! It has such a vintage feel and I think silver velvet would be fabulous!! Your cousin and her bridesmaids are going to love them. Great job!! And thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Valeree! I hope you'll let me know how your purse turns out if you use my tute.
    Best,
    Rikka J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justine,
    Thanks! Stop by again!
    Best,
    Rikka J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh - the talent involved! You didn't just make those bags, you photographed them in the manner in which they spoke to you. Color me 'truly impressed'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss PJ,
    Very kinds words, many thanks! However, I must give credit to paint shop pro for the photography. All I did was push the " vintage" button!
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...